Terms & Conditions of Hire (Updated Feb 2020)
1. The Hirer shall not sub-let or use the premises for any unlawful or unauthorised purpose, or carry out any activities that might render ineffective the insurance policies covering the premises or persons using them. The hirer must be at least 18 years of age and is responsible for - o Supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, and for the behaviour of all persons using the premises. o Obtaining any appropriate licences for planned activities e.g. sale of alcohol on the premises. o Observing the fire regulations within the building.
2. Car Parking Please be aware that car parking facilities are limited, with one disabled space provided. Do not obstruct the main Glasgow Road or neighbouring properties. The booking secretary will be able to advise you of nearby parking options.
3. Cancellation arrangements / fees Regular bookings If you have a regular booking but are cancelling a particular date, please inform the booking secretary at least 2 weeks in advance. This allows us to accept another booking request for that date and also manage the heating more economically. In exceptional circumstances we may ask our regular groups to be flexible and accommodate a special event. This would be requested well in advance. Cancellation Fees (Reg bookings) Cancellations made 2 weeks or less from hire date will be charged 50% of hire fee. 1 week or less from hire date will be charged 100% of hire fee. 4. Cleaning fee Brushes, mops etc are provided in the kitchen cleaning cupboard. The club will be inspected after your event and if the facilities are left in a clean and acceptable condition, our invoice for any additional cleaning hours (max £36) will be waived.
5. Arrangements for setting up and clearing after an event will be made on an individual basis.
For large functions requiring longer access pre and post event, arrangements / costs will be discussed at time of booking.
6. Music and loud noise Please be considerate of the residents who live close to the hall. There is a noise monitor fitted within the venue and to prevent noise travelling, please do not leave the fire door open. All music must stop by 23.45 and premises be vacated by 01.00.
7. Decorating the hall Please take care with decorations. i.e. do not use sellotape and blu-tack on painted or varnished surfaces as this will lift the paint. Use of the tall ladder by hall users, is at their own risk.
8. Damage or breakages We understand that accidents can happen, but any breakages or damage to the property must be reported and will be charged for accordingly.
9. Sharing facilities If booking only one area of the Club (e.g. reading room) you may need to share facilities i.e. car park kitchen and toilets with other users.
10. Force Majeure If due to circumstances beyond our control, (e.g. structural damage) the club has to cancel your booking, a full refund of any deposits will be made. We will not be responsible for any other costs or loss.
11. Additional information for wedding / large event bookings
Cancellations made 8 weeks or less prior to event will be charged 50% of total hire fee. 4 weeks or less prior to event will be charged 100% of total hire fee. A deposit of £100 is required to secure booking. Final invoice will be sent 4 weeks prior to event date.
12. Public liability insurance The Club holds general public liability insurance however if you are organising regular classes as a professional business, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate cover.